Here is a video that goes into detail of the synthetic garment layering system that I have been using, and plan to continue using during the 2018, and beyond, hiking seasons.
Here are links to the gear mentioned in this video:
- Montbell “U.L. Thermawrap Jacket”
- Enlightened Equipment “Torrid APEX Jacket”
- Montbell “UL Thermawrap Pants”
- Black Rock Gear “Synthetic Liner Mitts”
- Enlightened Equipment “Sidekick” Booties
- Mountain Laurel Designs “Apex Balaclava”
- Enlightened Equipment “Hooligan” Beanie
- Montbell “Thermawrap Guide” Jacket
For more insight into this matter see my article “Why Synthetic?“
Post-publication update: It has been pointed out to me that Enlightened Equipment makes a synthetic balaclava that has snap buttons on it, just like the Nunatak version, called the “Hoodlum“, so if you are after a synthetic balaclava with buttons, go check it out! (seriously, every balaclava should have snap buttons. so much easier to put on, and the ability to vent when things get a bit too warm, but you still want to keep it on… one of those ‘duh’ things that I just do not understand why everybody does not do it.)
Thanks and hope you have found something helpful!